Thursday, October 28, 2010

Domestic Schmuck Heads

So the time has finally come to help one of my dear ones get away from her psycho abusive squirmy pathetic INsignificant other.  *YAYYYYYY!*

Ya ever meet someone you dislike right off the bat?  Happens to me all the time.
Well this guy was one of those guys.  The creepo factor was high from the start, too old to be dating her...some history with his ex that just didn't add up...and a general chills down the spine feeling.

I have no tolerance for abuse.  My feelings about abusive relationships are as harsh as my feelings about the fatties post and everything else I talk about on here.  There is very little gray in my world.  That is not to say that women should be allowed to lose their minds and hit a guy knowing he won't hit her back...ladies-control yourselves.  But for me it's simple.  There is never an excuse for a man to beat a woman and there is never an excuse for a woman to stay with a man who beats her.  End of story.
Don't give me that "I stayed for my kids" crap...your kids seeing you get beat and thinking it's normal for husbands to treat wives that way is only breeding a new generation of abusers and abuse takers.  Your kids and you are better off in a battered women's shelter than you are being hit.

So this tool bag that I speak of is such a super awesome guy that he actually had to be hit with a taser by the cops to stop his last round of abuse.  Yeah, that's beyond a-hole of the year.  You're a real big man aren't you?  Beating up some chick younger and smaller than you.  Why don't you go get drunk and piss your pants.  Or meet some people at a bar and lie to them, acting like you own a condo in an upscale gated community.  Waste-oid.

The fact is that on average; 4 million women each year are beaten by a husband/boyfriend/fiance or what the cops call an "intimate" ... someone they live with.
Women are 8 times more likely to be abused by a live in partner than men are (which is good because if you're a guy and your old lady is beating you up, that makes me gigglesnort.  Grow a set.).

What scares the hell out of me, for my friend, is that between 1976 and 1996 31,260 women were killed by their live in partners and more than half of those cases had prior abuse.  If this guy had to be tased to get him off her?  That's a bad situation.
In 1994, when the US Dept of Justice did their big report on domestic violence, they stated that during that year 39% of all emergency hospital visits for violence related injuries were women and 84% of those were injuries sustained at the hands of their significant other.


So knowing all that, and knowing this has been an ongoing issue with this douche bag, I'm super stoked to be heading out to gather her and her belongings into my loving and protective arms and bring her to a safe place.

Again...3 cheers for her coming to her senses.
It's funny, this is the girl that's never wrong.  She always knows what's best, always has the perfect answer etc...and she cried and apologized to me on the phone the other day, saying she should have listened to me and gotten out sooner and that I was right about him.  Duh!  But hindsight is 20/20 and better late now than in a pine box way way too late.

A real man can handle his problems with his lady in a civilized manner.  The 'Rule of Thumb' does not apply here. (For those not familiar with that term...it is said that the term came from an old English law that allowed a man to beat his wife with a stick so long as it was no wider than his thumb...and no, I didn't just get that info from Boondock Saints II...look it up...it's fo-ree-ul, yo!)

Raising a hand to a girl?  Come the hell on!  Anyone who takes their lack of self control out on someone weaker than them is a pussy and a coward.  I always used to say I wanted to start up a company, get a bunch of women, train them in MMA, and then when some broad got beat up by her hubby...we'd send out a bunch of girls to kick his ass.  How's that feel?  The ultimate insult to a wife beater would have to be being beat up by a girl.

People who use fear to rule...be it an abusive husband, a mother who backhands her kids, or a bomber on a plane...are all the same.  Terrorists.  Spineless wimps.  Crybaby thugs.  Namby Pamby, yellow belly, lily liver, chicken shit, pansies (yes I DID use Thesaurus.com).  (and don't even get me started on child abusers)  They rule out of fear because they fear everything themselves.  They think that abuse  is the only way to control others.  You think you're tough cuz you can leave bruises?  You think you're a big man because your old lady is scared of you?   You think you you've got respect?  You ain't got shit except an ugly mug shot and a wrap sheet that will follow you for life.

The truck is fueled up and the trailer is hitched on.  The lights all work and I've got some new cd's burned featuring Miranda Lambert's "Gunpowder & Lead" and the Dixie Chix "Goodbye Earl", that's right!  I've done my stretches, spent time with my bag.  I have the local PD in my cell phone on speed dial, a big ass can of mace, some pointy toed nut-bustin' boots on and a trusty Bic that fits beautifully in my fist to give my right hook a little something extra if he thinks he's stepping up to THIS female.  I'll be happy to show him the receiving end of a beating.

Domestic violence is no joke.

If you or someone you know is being abused, do something about it.  Don't sit around, because if you ignore the problem then you might as well be hitting them yourself.

LOVE is not the back of a hand or a set of knuckles!
If he hits you, he doesn't love you.  He doesn't respect you.  He doesn't care about you.  And chances are, he has some serious psychological issues that he needs to get for.  Put on your big girl panties and start a new life.  You can start by calling one of these places:

National Domestic Violence Hotline
1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
TTY 1-800-787-3224
www.thehotline.org

Helpguide.org (they help find shelters)

Your local cops!

If you think you're being monitored online, be smart.  Get help.  If the abuse is real, don't be silenced!
*wink, wink*

3 comments:

Annie said...

It works the other way around too-- Women can abuse men, but it is usually more just emotional rather than physical. The damage is still done! Thanks for the blog!

Windthicket Fables said...

It seriously breaks my heart that people can do this kind of thing to other people. Maybe I'm sheltered and Naive, but I'm lucky I've never experienced or been close to someone who has expereinced this. My heart goes out to them.

I'm following you now from MBC. I'd love for you to come and see me too at www.becauseidontscrapbook.blogspot.com (my mainstream mom blog) and/or www.thegossamerjewelbox.blogspot.com (my fictional fairy blog, just for fun!) THanks!!!

1 Funky Woman said...

Great post and it breaks my heart when I hear about women being abused but it also pisses me off that these "men" think they have the right. I have always been a good reader of men and oh so know that creepy feeling you are talking about.

I am so happy your friend has you to turn to. And there is no point to saying I told you so. Just as long as she is out of that situation.

Love for you to come on over and check me out
http://1funkywoman.blogspot.com

Megan